Project Operating Safely
PPE Reimbursement Program
In order to be considered for a grant, an applicant must meet the following requirements and provide supporting documentation:
- A for-profit business located in Marion County
- The business occupies the Marion County address on their Sunbiz registration
- In business for a minimum of 2-years (August 1st, 2018)
- Purchased personal protective equipment (PPE), professional cleaning and disinfection services, and/or capital improvements as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and to comply with CDC, State of Florida, and Marion County Department of Health guidelines between March 1 and August 30, 2020
For business owners, the grant is intended to ensure the safety of their employees and customers. Therefore, allowable reimbursable expenditures are purposefully broad and follow these general categories:
- Personal Protective Equipment including masks, face shields, gloves, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant products
- Capital improvements include but are not limited to signage, air handling, partitioning for social distancing, improvements for safe queueing, and construction of health and safety improvements aimed at reducing the spread of infection and are consistent with the State of Florida and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Guidelines
Grant Application and Requirements
Interested businesses will be able to apply online. Due to the high volume of anticipated applications, completed applications with all supporting documents will be reviewed on a first-in first-out basis.
This is a reimbursement grant. Applicants must provide documentation showing that an eligible purchase was made after March 1, 2020. Applicants will be required to upload receipts showing the goods/services purchased matching the reimbursement request (excluding shipping & sales taxes), date of purchase, and vendor.
The maximum grant amount is $3,000 per business for businesses with 100 or fewer employees and $10,000 per business for those with more than 100 employees. Businesses can submit only one application per registered business address. Multiple applications for a registered business address will not be accepted.
The following documentation must be provided for an application to be considered complete and reviewed:
- Proof of business registration with Sunbiz or other book of business verifying a Marion County address including but not limited to bank statements, invoices, business licenses, etc.
- Copies of receipts or other documentation showing date of purchase, material or services purchased, vendor, and date paid
** Any applicant that is missing this documentation will receive an email that they are missing required documentation and will be allowed to re-apply and the application will be processed in the order in which it was received as a complete application
- All of the application process will be completed online
- Only complete applications will be considered
Step 1: Collect your receipts
Collect your receipts for eligible expenses (see list above for reimbursable uses). If you are able, circle the expenses on each receipt you plan to claim. Receipts MUST be dated on or after 3/1/2020, otherwise they are not eligible. If you submit an INVOICE, you must also submit proof of payment for that order (processed check, bank statement, etc.)
Step 2: Complete your reimbursement sheet
Fill out our Project Operating Safely Reimbursement Sheet to list your eligible expenses. You will need to complete this excel sheet to apply.
Download Reimbursement Sheet
Businesses with 100 or Fewer Employees
Businesses with more than 100 Employees
Step 3: Apply
Complete your official application using your receipts and the completed reimbursement sheet from Steps 1 & 2.
Check out our FAQs to learn more.