Testing Capacity Enhanced Reimbursement Grant
The goal of the Testing Capacity Reimbursement Program is to assist businesses with expanding their capacity to test for COVID-19.
In order to be considered for a grant, an applicant must meet the following requirements and provide supporting documentation:
- A private for-profit business located in Marion County
- The business occupies the Marion County address on their Sunbiz registration
- In business for a minimum of 1-year (November 1st, 2019)
- The requests for reimbursement must have allowed the business to expand their testing capacity. Reimbursements are for expenses occurred after July 1, 2020
Examples of Qualifying Businesses
- Physician Offices
The grant is intended to assist providers with the expansion of their testing capabilities. Therefore, allowable reimbursable expenditures are purposefully broad and follow these general categories:
- Testing Supplies
- Testing Equipment
- Remodeling Costs for Expanded Space
- Capital Improvements
** Capital improvements include but are not limited to air handling, safety partitioning, and construction of health and safety improvements aimed at reducing the spread of infection and are consistent with the State of Florida and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Guidelines
Grant Application and Requirements
Interested businesses will be able to apply online. Due to the high volume of anticipated applications, completed applications with all supporting documents will be reviewed on a first-in first-out basis.
This is a reimbursement grant. Applicants must provide documentation showing that an eligible purchase was after July 1, 2020. Applicants will be required to upload receipts showing the goods/services purchased matching the reimbursement request (excluding shipping & sales taxes), date of purchase, and vendor.
The maximum grant amount is $30,000 per business. Businesses can submit only one application per registered business address. Multiple applications for a registered business address will not be accepted.
The following documentation must be provided for an application to be considered complete and reviewed:
- Copies of receipts or other documentation showing date of purchase, material or services purchased, vendor, and date paid
- Demonstration of how this purchase will allow the business to expand their testing capacity
- All of the application process will be completed online
- Only complete applications will be considered
Step 1: Collect your receipts
Collect your receipts for eligible expenses (see list above for reimbursable uses). If you are able, circle the expenses on each receipt you plan to claim. Receipts MUST be dated on or after 7/1/2020, otherwise they are not eligible. If you submit an INVOICE, you must also submit proof of payment for that order (processed check, bank statement, etc.)
Step 2: Complete your reimbursement sheet
Fill out our Testing Capacity Enhancement Reimbursement Sheet to list your eligible expenses. You will need to complete this excel sheet to apply.
Step 3: Apply
Complete your official application using your receipts and the completed reimbursement sheet from Steps 1 & 2.
Check out our FAQs to learn more.